This document intends to regulate mooting and its allied activities in the college, in a just and fair manner while facilitating such activities in the best possible way.
This document shall extend to all students and staff of BMS College of Law, Bengaluru. The provisions enshrined in this document shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the rules and regulations of the College for the time being in force, and updated/modified thereafter. The Committee shall be operative for a duration of one year.
COMPOSITION OF THE COMMITTEE
The constitution of the Society is as follows:
||Dr. Anitha D’Souza, Principal
||Sri. Kanya Naik, Assistant Professor
||Smt. Priyanka Vaidhyanath, Assistant Professor
||Ms. Vasavi, VI Semester (5 Years B.A. LL.B.,)
||Ms. Simran, VI Semester (5 Years B.A. LL.B.,)
||Ms. Swati Jagannath , IV Semester (3 Years LL.B.,,)
||Mr. Pavan Kumar. R, VIII Semester (5 Years B.A. LL.B.,)
||Dr. Sujatha.S, Dean
The Primary objective of the Society is training the students for various national and international moot courts to represent the BMS College of Law and regulate the moot court and allied activities in the college.
- 1. The Members of the Society shall change on rotational basis as decided from time to time by the Chairperson.
- 2. The Society shall ordinarily conduct a meeting for all members including student members.
- 3. Attendance to such meetings shall be compulsory for all members unless excused previously by the Chairperson.
QUORUM OF THE MEETING
The quorum of such aforementioned meetings shall be no less than 2/3 of the total strength required to be present for that meeting.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE SOCIETY:
- 1. Organisation of internal selections for moot court competitions: The Society shall organize all internal selection moot court competitions held within the College exclusively for students of the College. The Society will prepare a separate set of rules and regulations applicable to the teams selected through these internal moot court competitions. The Society shall take initiatives for the development of moot court related activities in the College.
- 2. Organisation of national and international moot court competitions: The Society shall organize all moot court competitions inviting participation from other universities/colleges. Such competitions shall include those which are hosted by the College independently and those hosted in association with other agencies.
- 3. Submission of Report: Faculty Coordinator and Student Coordinator shall submit a monthly report to the Principal stating the performance of the College in various moot court competitions and the performance of the Society in general.
POWERS OF THE SOCIETY
- The Society shall have the sole authority to regulate all moot court activities of the College.
- It shall be the sole discretion of the Society to select the moot court competitions in which the College may participate.
- To foster a strong sense of individual responsibility, integrity, ethics and self confidence.
- The Society shall have the power to issue notifications in order to regulate moot court activities in the College.
- In case of any clarifications relating to the present Rules, the Chairperson’s decision shall be final and binding.
RULES AND REGULATIONS CONCERNING PARTICIPATION IN MOOT COURT COMPETITIONS:
- 1. Teams shall register for all moot court competitions through the Society, as representatives of the College. Registration without the consent of the Society in the capacity of the College or in an individual capacity shall attract a ban of one academic year on all members of the team from all moot court activities. The decisions of the Society in this regard shall be final and binding.
- 2. The teams are required to give one mock (mandatorily) before the co-ordinator and/or any other member authorised by the Moot Court Society.
- 3. The teams are required to give one mock (mandatorily) before the co-ordinator and/or any other member authorised by the Moot Court Society.
- 4. Student(s), participating in more than one moot court competition, shall be allowed to do so ONLY if there is a time period of no less than 30 days between the Memorial Submission deadlines of the two Competitions. The Moot Court Society shall notify the cancellation of the participation of such student(s) at any time after any information regarding the violation of this rule is ascertained.
- 5. Every team participating in the moot competitions shall be required to submit a report, copy of registration form, photos and any other document pertaining to the participation with the Faculty Coordinator within seven (7) days of participation.
- 6. Any kind of misbehaviour in the college or during any national or international moot will attract ban of one year on the team members.
- 7. The Student Coordinator shall maintain the records of participation of teams including copies of registration form, reports, photos etc.
- 8. Reimbursement of registration fee and other incidental charges to the teams participating in various moot court competitions shall be as per college norms.
- 9. Participating team sent in accordance with the aforementioned norms including Rule 2,3,4 and 5 shall be eligible for reimbursement. Reimbursement shall include II class train ticket price and registration fee. Photocopying and stationary allowance is capped at Rs. 2,000/- (Rupees Two Thousand Only) per team. In case of non-compliance of any Rule, no reimbursement shall be payable to the participated team.
- 10. Violation of any of the above rules and regulations shall be strictly dealt with by the Society and may attract disqualification from the moot court competition. In case of allowance of participation, it shall lead to cancellation of any reimbursement whatsoever. A maximum ban of one year may also be imposed on the team members concerned from participating in any moot court competition in/outside the College.
- 11. The aforesaid regulation shall also apply to the Student Members of the Society. Additional to the ban, the Student Member found guilty of misbehaviour or violating any regulation of this document shall be liable for disqualification as well.
- 12. Under exceptional circumstances, the Chairperson, at his/her sole discretion, may waive these rules and regulations for the concerned team.