Time Table Committee
A well-constructed timetable establishes a natural rhythm and routine which can be comforting for teachers and students.
DECLARATION OF ADOPTION
On this day, 01 August 2017, I declare that this policy on the Time table Committee is formally adopted for use. The Policy will remain in force from this day until it is amended or replaced by another Policy following the relevant procedures said down herein for such purpose.
In testimony of this declaration, I place my signature and the official seal of the College
PROCEDURES FOR AMENDING THIS POLICY
This Policy can be amended for the purpose of changing the composition either by reducing or increasing the membership, grounds for terminating the members, etc. By incorporating a statement as to why the amendment is required to be made to the Policy and the same has to be approved by a majority of the members of the Committee. The Principal will then take the necessary steps for such a replacement.
EXTENT OF AUTONOMY
The committee will have complete autonomy in the performance of their tasks. In order to improve the work efficiency of the committee, the Principal will make allocations of clerical, infrastructural, and supporting staff assistance if and whenever required by the committees.
The timetable committee works with the objective of smooth and efficient management of the academic programs through the semesters. Time management reflects the entire educational programme followed in the institution which serves purposes to develop qualities like punctuality, regularity, consistency thereby leading to maintaining discipline which ensures meaningful growth of the institution.
Role and Responsibility
- To prepare time table for all the Courses in the prescribed format before the beginning of odd and even semesters and communicate the same to staff and students
- To allocate lecture halls, without any overlapping
- Makes necessary changes in the timetable in case of clash of timings
The Committee shall be presided by a Coordinator appointed by Principal shall comprise of a faculty member,
- Upon the termination of services of either the Coordinator or the faculty member, the one in continued employment will hold the position of Coordinator until any further appointment is made by the Principal. The Principal will appoint a new faculty member to assist the Coordinator.
- Upon the termination of services of both Coordinator and the faculty member in charge, the Principal will reconstitute the Committee by making new appointments for filling the positions of Coordinator and faculty member.
The Committee shall meet as and when it is thought appropriate.
- Attendance at the meeting is compulsory.
Quorum Of The Meeting:
The quorum of the afore-said meeting shall be not less than 2/3 rd of the members required to be present for the meeting.
Procedure For The Meeting:
All meetings shall be convened by the Coordinator with prior notice to all the members.
- It is compulsory for the faculty- member to attend the meeting.
- The Minutes of the Meeting should be recorded by the coordinator.
- The Proceedings shall be signed by the Coordinator, members, and Principal.